Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Sponsorship Update

God is good!   Sponsorship is growing and we are in the beginning steps of planning a "Vision Trip" to our community in Wera.   What a blessing it will be to meet all these beautiful children!  


Sheryl had asked Prossy (her translator from the January 2011 trip to Bugiri) what some of the challenges an orphan faces and this was her response...

THANK YOU FOR THE LETTER
MAY GOD BLESS FOR WHAT YOU HAVE STARTED
IT IS LONG STORY BUT HEAR ARE SOME HITS ABOUT IT

PROBLEMS FACED BY ORPHANS BETWEEN 0-16YEARS ARE
-POVERTY
-LITERACY, BASIC NEEDS AS, FOOD, SHELTER, CLOTHES AND MEDICAL CARE.
-EARLY MARRIAGES, CHILD LABOR, NEGLECTED BY THE SOCIETY, LACK GUIDANCE
FROM THE PARENTS, THEY MISS PARENTAL LOVE, THEY ARE MALNOURISHED
HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU VERY SOON
BYE FOR NOW

     I cannot explain the overwhelming feeling that comes from helping others, ESPECIALLY those who cannot help themselves.   Jeff and I now have 7 sponsored children (5 in Kayango and 2 in Wera).   It is such an overwhelming privilege to be a part of something so extraordinary, so special.   I burst with pride every time I get a letter from our girl, Margret, telling me how she just passed the next mark in her education.   An opportunity she would not have, if not for sponsorship and a blessing I would not have, without the gift of being a sponsor.   It is such a gift to be able to stand in the gap and let these children know that they are not alone and worthless, but that they are loved and valued, not only by me, but by the Almighty God!   Such an amazing opportunity to show them the love of Christ!  What an honor I have been blessed with.   Thank you to all who have sponsored a child.   I hope that you too will be blessed beyond measure as I have.

Blessings!
Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment